Marie provides a high standard of assessment, treatment and care for children and adults between 5 and 19 years old covering a wide variety of condition.
Conditions treated include:
- Sudden growth spurt, causing Severs disease, Osgood schlatter’s disease
- Perthes disease after surgery
- Fractures – rehabilitation post upper/lower limb plaster to regain full mobility
- Scoliosis, toticollis and other conditions affecting spinal alignment
- Hypermobility – including Ehlers- Danlos Syndrome
- Musculoskeletal and Sports injuries – back and joint pain, ankle sprains, Achilles tendinopthy, ACL tears and post surgical repair, shin splints, pars defect from hyperextension injuries, spondylolysis
- Whiplash trauma from car accident or sports injuries
Marie can provide a detailed report following a child’s assessment which involves looking at the child’s posture, gait, strength, joint range of movement and their gross and fine motor skills. Special consideration needs to be given to children as their anatomy and function differs from an adult because they are constantly growing and changing everyday.
Physiotherapy will be tailored to the individual’s needs and will aim to increase motor control to develop improved:
- Flexibility in joints and muscles
- Functional independence
If you would like to book Physiotherapy for a detailed history, assessment and management of your child’s musculoskeletal problem, please contact Marie.