Marie completed her matwork and equipment pilates training with the Australian Physiotherapy Pilates Institute (APPI) in 2004. The traditional pilates exercises have been adapted by APPI to provide clinical relevance with the types of injuries physiotherapists commonly encounter and to ensure that clients enjoy a safe workout.
With this modified version of pilates, Marie integrates therabands, gym balls and foam rollers to progress exercises and to challenge your core muscles, strengthening and toning areas that need specific attention.
Pilates helps to:
- Correct abnormal breathing patterns
- Improve posture and balance
- Improve core and overall strength
- Improve flexibility
- Improve muscle tone
- Enhance mental well-being
Marie incorporates pilates exercises as part of her treatment:
- To enable clients to return to sport post injury
- To strengthen pelvic floor muscles pre and post pregnancy
- To help clients to manage their back pain and to provide pelvic stability
- To improve posture for those office and manual workers
If you would like to book physiotherapy or 1:1 pilates sessions, please contact Marie: